"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Visitors

Last weekend was spent hanging out with Aunt Annie and Uncle Doug. Duke finally got to meet his Aunt and Uncle from Pittsburgh! I got to get away for a little bit to go see The Lovely Bones at the theater with Annie and BJ. We had a nice relaxing weekend just hanging around the house and feeding the baby.


I must say that the little guy was quite the "profusser" over the weekend though. Some say it's his 3 week growth spurt that is making him want to eat around the clock. If I don't get the milk to him fast enough, I surely hear about it. He wants his milk when he is hungry and not a second later. Lately he has been eating pretty much nonstop - seriously. I am exhausted and have been quite worried that he is so hungry because I am not providing him with enough food. So off to the Dr.'s we went this morning to check his weight and to ask some questions. He gained 18 ounces since his last visit taking him up to 10 lbs 1 oz.!!! So he is definitely getting enough milk they said and gaining weight like a champ. I just hope that we can all agree on a better feeding schedule for me to have time to shower and nap and all that essential stuff that moms need to do every once in awhile.

Duke in his denim outfit and cowboy boots that his mom-mom Horgan got for him. He is getting so big that I was afraid it might not fit.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Man...Annie & Doug look great holding a newborn! Hint, Hint! Hang in there being the feeding machine for Duke. I could not handle the stress of that so we broke down & supplemented with formula. Then I pumped, and then we went to 100% formula around week 5. Duke is so cute. You're doing a fantastic job, Jen!