"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Toddlers and Tiaras

Avah had her first "real" dance recital tonight. The last two years it was at the dance studio in front of the parents. This year was in an auditorium, on a stage with a crowd!! She was amazing and a natural. The crowd didn't phase (faze??) her at all. She is a performer and looked as though she LOVED every second of it.



Getting her ready was fun. I wish I had more time. I shoved my sister aside and took over doing her hair and slapping some "real" lipstick on. My sister was trying to put tinted chapstick on. I got out the liner and everything. Little girls were screaming in the background as mothers, dads and aunts were brushing hair back as tight as they could get it. It was an episode of toddlers and tiaras! This made me realize that I may become a crazy woman if I ever had a girl. I am scared that Duke might be embarrassed of me when he starts playing sports OR DANCING, whatever.



I can't wait to see her next year! She is always amazing me. I can't wait to see all the wonderful things she does as she gets older.


Duke is finally riding with Daddy on the "track-tor" He is obsessed with it until you turn it on. But he is coming around.



My FIL celebrated a birthday at the end of May! Now Duke sings "Happy Birthday Pop-Pop"all the time. I thought we would have to hear "E-I-O" forever but now it's "Happy Birthday Pop-Pop". Just something else he is obsessed with - his pop-pop.

No comments: