"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Duke's 2nd Birthday Party

This is Duke sticking his finger into the flame of the candle.  I am sure you are thinking "how can you let him do that"?  Well, I just happened to capture it on camera but it was much faster in person.  He did stick his finger fully in the flame and didn't even think twice about it.  Just made a face and that was that.  I don't know what he is thinking . . . ever.

Ripping through all the great gifts he got!  He loves presents.  I am impressed that he waited as long as he did before opening them. 

I made Gram's famous Texas Sheet Cake for his party for the first time.  I only had to call her once while making it and it turned out delicious.  I have been eating the leftovers all day.  The cake is so moist and the icing is like fudge - YUM!

Aves spent the night with us and we were all pretty tired after the party!  There were 23 kids and 18 adults!!  That was a lot of people and a lot of fun!!! 
Duke's second birthday was a success.  Even with all the snow and cruddy weather we had, we still had a great party for Duke's 2nd birthday.  We had lots of yummy food from The Pourhouse in Pottstown (Rock's place).  Lots of friends and family came to help celebrate and braved the yucky weather to get here.

Thanks to everyone who came!  I love getting to visit and eat good food!

No comments: