"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pittsburgh or bust!

This picture is of Lux, Annie and Doug's cat, with her fat belly hanging over her feet. This is her favorite lounging position but not the most flattering. I thought her facial expression was great.

Last weekend we went to Pittsburgh (Sewickley) to visit my older (hee hee) sister, Annie and Doug. Doug had a "gig" at Club Cafe in the southside Saturday and we wanted to go and support him. We haven't been able to visit them often because I was in school and busy all the time so it was nice to get out to western, PA and spend some time with them.

The weather was beautiful and I seem to be feeling better so a nice Mexican dinner and long walk Friday night was perfect. We even walked passed Lemieux's house but no one invited us in. Saturday mom and our cousin Alison came in from Ohio and we went to watch Doug's show. Very nice job by the brother-in-law I must say.

Sunday, we had a long drive ahead of us back home, so we packed up the Tahoe and away we went. About an hour, if that, into the trip we got a flat tire! That was my 2nd of the week. Monday night coming home from work I had a flat tire but made it home. So were were surprised to have another one in that week. We pulled over and put the spare on and were on our way when about 30 minutes later we got ANOTHER flat tire. All different tires mind you. So what were we to do now? The spare was in use and we were on the turnpike in Somerset, PA. We had to call for a tow and were towed to a wal-mart where it took 2 hours to fix the tires. $300.00 and 4.5 hours later we made it home. What a day that was. Lesson learned - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AAA!!!


Here are just a couple pictures of Doug singing. It was so dark in there and I didn't want to be flashing the camera all over the place so I tried to play around with the camera and most of the shots got blurry (shutter speed ;-() so this is the best I have. He still looks like a rockstar though.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

First of all LUX the cat is AWESOME! I can't believe it sits that way. The look on its face is priceless. What a bummer about your tires! I am glad you made it home safe...geez talk about scary! It sounds like Doug had a wonderful gig. I wish we could have been there.

Kevin and I really think Baby Horgan is going to come on Pappy's birthday. However if you make it to the 27th that would be great because it is Kevin's birthday! Can't wait to hear the news about your next ultrasound too. You know they have gender predictor urine tests that are 99% accurate. I was going to get you one but I figured by the time it got to you you would probably be at your ultrasound. Do you have a date for your next one? Keep us posted! We are excited! Love to all!