"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shower #2 - Horgan Shower!!

I really could go on and on about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family of my very own but also to have married into such a wonderful and loving family. Jack and I are so thankful to have our families, for all the love and support they give and for everything they do for us. Our new baby Duke has no idea how very lucky he is to be coming into this world with parents who love him so much and for the families that come along with his parents who will spoil him to no end.
Just one week ago, I had my 2nd baby shower - the "Philly shower" hosted by my mother-in-law, Mary Lu. It was a fantastic day and I got to see so many of my good friends and family. Everything looked beautiful and the food was so delicious!!

I helped bake and decorate cookies for the day for favors and table decorations. My sister B, SIL Kim, and nieces and nephews were over at my MIL's house and we spent a good 2 hours decorating trying to decide who piped a straighter line. I think the cookies turned out amazing!



The centerpieces were masterfully done by The Rhoads Garden with the baby block theme to match the invitations and the decorations.


My mom came into town from Ohio which was a nice surprise. She made it despite the flat tire, broken rim and rental car fiasco on her trip home. I think flat tires run in the family. My friends all came in and the only downside to the whole day was that I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked chatting with everyone. It just goes by too fast.


Duke got so many cool gifts that he is all set for when he arrives. I just can't wait for him to get here!!!
My SIL Kim took all the great pictures of the day but she did have some competition!!

2 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

OH Jenn you look so good! I love the blue top. It looks like a wonderful day! Baby Duke is loved!!! Love the baby block decor and cookies, so cute!

Hilary said...

Jenn, you look AMAZING! Duke is a blessed little guy. What an amazing shower. I can't believe those cookies! And those centerpieces look like they should be in a magazine. Thanks for sharing!