"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Friday, October 22, 2010

Skills

This morning I woke up at about 5:15 am. I wish I could get up even earlier than that but I just can't crawl out of the warm comfort of my covers earlier than that in the fall. I woke up hoping to accomplish a year's worth of cleaning in about 2 hours before the dried snot nosed little "angel" woke up. He's been sick with a cold and not the happiest or most independent little camper around town. Still, I love being home with him and not working.

This is the sum of his attitude after he woke up at about 6:15 am. I think he has a sixth sense to when I am awake and wanting to get work done. On a normal day, I am waking him up to drag him out the door to Aunt B's house in the morning. Not today and probably not tomorrow.

This is his reaction to finding out the cupboards have all been "Duke proofed" in the house. Not happy.

Through the past few days he's been starting to walk, point, and do all sorts of fun things. I just can't even keep track of his mad skills.

"Peek-a-Boo"!!!! "Wheeeerrrrrrreeeee's Duke?"

Here he is pointing at me. Now I think this is pointing. It could be "no, no, no" too because when I say "no, no, no" I am pointing my finger.

These are the stills of him taking some steps. He's been taking up to about 8-10 steps on his own and without our encouragement. It is only a matter of days before he is tearing through the house.

Yes, mother of the year was snapping pictures as her child came crashing to the floor. Mom-mom, Gramma and Grammy - he was just fine.

Duke is showing off his ripped abs in this photo. I actually don't know what he was so excited about in this picture but as long as he is smiling - I don't care.

I had to put him in the living room while I folded a basket of laundry because it really shouldn't take 45 minutes for fold one basket of laundry. He is always trying to find ways to escape and he's a climber!

And FINALLY! Aunt Megan and Uncle Marc came to visit!!! At first Duke played shy guy but he gave Aunt Megs hugs and then it was back to his normal self.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

All I have to say is JUST WAIT....get your running shoes on and don't take them off for the next 12 months. Once Duke starts walking you are never going to be sitting. He's so cute...even when he doesn't feel good.
I wish I could reach through the computer screen to hold him!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I love you Duke! You are adorable even when you don't feel good.