"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Friday, December 10, 2010

Picture day!

Two weeks from today, Duke is turning ONE! I can't believe it. Today we are getting his one year/holiday picture at JCPenney's. He has a cold so I am hoping they turn out ok. His nose is slightly red with crusty's. Hopefully if I give him a bath after his nap, we'll be all spic-n-span for the 12:15 photo shoot. I don't think this is going to go off easily. I have a hard enough time changing him into one outfit let alone two if I am lucky. Maybe he'll be a cheese for the photographer and ham it up.

Off and running with monkey.

The pj's do not lie.

This morning I was changing a dirty (very) diaper and I barely got him cleaned up and he got up and took off with monkey. Not cool. So I gave up and let him run around in his glory for a little bit. He thought he was so funny.

Yes grandparents, he is standing on the fireplace. He is all boy.

I think he is very pleased with our undecorated Christmas tree.

He is learning to use a straw now.

Watching Barney in the very messy living room. I like this picture because it looks like he actually sits still for more than 30 seconds.

We do have some Christmas decorations up and the tree is up but not decorated yet. I am not ready for that battle! We may be decorating the top half only. It still looks pretty lit up at night :-). He doesn't seem to bother it much now but once all those toys are hanging from the branches - it's going to be a whole new story.

I am hoping for him to see Santa Claus at the mall today too. I will take him after pictures. Hopefully he doesn't lose patience and we can get in and get out. I think Aunt B and cousin Avah are coming to help.

2 comments:

Megan said...

He is getting soooo big and sooo cute. I can't wait to see him in a few weeks!

Hilary said...

Good luck Jen! I know your pain! HIL