"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sorry Santa!

Friday was the big day! We had his one year picture and Christmas picture at JCPenney's and then we were off to see Santa for another picture! The JCP pictures did not go well. That is actually an understatement but I am over it :-). I was really disappointed in the photographer and her impatience with a not yet one year old's inability to smile on command and sit still. I have never been one for "portrait" type photos and she didn't really seem like she wanted to catch the moment and try to get what she could. If he wasn't sitting and smiling, she wasn't snapping any photos. SO we are going to try again at another place next week and see how it goes and if that doesn't go well, I'll have to fork out the bucks and have someone come to us and work with us. It will be fin (my mantra of the week).

So after that mess, we were off to see santa!!! Duke's first pictures with santa and they came out great! In my opinion - they are great. I love the I don't like santa pictures - they are funny. I just hope he is not too traumatized. He kept looking back at him hoping that it would be his dad.

Poor guy.

Cousin Avah is trying to telepathically tell Duke not to ruin this moment for her. She needs to get her list to santa. Duke is looking at her in disbelief that she is ok with this.

Trying to make his escape.

And he's fine. Barely any tears just not thrilled with be placed on this strange mans lap.

No comments: