"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tropical Birds


I had a request for some tropical bird cookies for a mother/daughter dinner in Pittsburgh. My Aunt Vonda requested so, of course, I said yes. I decided to do toucans, parrots and flamingos to make them colorful.

I think they turned out pretty good for all the different colors. I am new to royal icing decorating so I was nervous because with all the different colors and detail, fondant would have been really hard.

Hopefully they make it to pittsburgh in one piece (literally) and they like them.
I could not have completed them without help from my sister, B. She stayed for almost 4 hours with me yesterday to help with the kid and decorate.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I"m proud of you! If this works out, you could really turn it into something!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Thanks Megs. I hope they like them. I just boxed them up nice and tight so I think they'll make it ok. I will be so upset if they break, even one.