"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Friday, October 21, 2011

Been baking . . . a lot.

This week I had two requests for cookies.  Five dozen for a baby shower and five dozen for a bridal shower.  I love the creativity of baking cookies but my weeks have been much busier with Jack in school.  Trying to make extra money where I can, I am very happy to take on the extra work. 

Owl and Moon theme for the baby shower.  I went with the colors that were on the invitation.
This cookie was for a bridal shower.  I had free reign to do whatever I wanted to do so I went with something simple and classic.  The flower was on the invite and the color is the same as the bridesmaid dresses.  I was nervous about these.  They get picked up tomorrow so I can't wait to see the reaction.

I can't wait to clean my house tomorrow!  Yes, you read that correctly.  I have been so busy baking and decorating and keeping kids fed and entertained that my house has been destroyed in the meantime.

Jack's 3rd week of school was another good one.  He is doing well and enjoying most of it.  He is out tonight riding along with a REAL officer until 1 a.m.  I am nervous but excited to hear how his night went when he gets home.

For my exciting life, I am pumped that a new Shop Rite grocery store opened around the corner from us!  Yep, so good deals to get.  I now need to get back on track with my coupons.  Going to a new grocery store is as exciting as it gets right now.  Yawn.

No comments: