"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's Been Awhile.

Since last month . . .
Duke took his first bubble bath.

Kimmy and Brian celebrated their engagement!  Duke is going to be the Ring Terror Bearer!

We watched Avah play soccer.

We went to "Horganfest" at Matt and Kim's.


We jumped off hay stack mazes!


We got together to celebrate birthdays.

We celebrated Mom-Mom's birthday with grandkids and cupcakes!

Had some CRAZY weather.

Practiced for Brian and Kimmy's wedding Halloween.

So we had a busy month since my last post.  We have had many illnesses and family hospital visits over the past month too. Everyone is coming along and recovering but no more scares for awhile! I hope that the rest of the year sloooowwwwsssss down so we can enjoy the fall weather, the holiday's and each other more. 

Jack started the police academy at the beginning of October!  He is on his way to a new career.  I am happy to see him so happy.  From what I can tell he is really enjoying it and made the right decision.  I also know that this is life changing for all of us so I need to get used to having a cop for a hubs.  That means strange hours, working holiday's, worrying about Jack everytime he goes to work, and a gun in the house.  A patient of mine has a husband who is a police officer and her advice to me was "Make plans as if he's not going to be there" - what?  She meant party/event plans with him having a hectic schedule.  I think we'll adjust just fine.  He has to iron his uniform every night so that's cool ;-)

I started watching QVC again.  Every October I start turning the channel to QVC just to listen.  I don't buy anything, it's just like my mac 'n cheese, my comfort food.  Something about the cooler weather and the preparation for all the holiday's makes me enjoy watching QVC.  Does this qualify me for a psych eval?  I hope not.

My cousin, Hilary in MO gave birth to a precious baby boy named William Collins Austin.  He is ADORABLE.  I wish you all could see the cute birth announcement we got in the mail.  I have it on the fridge and everytime I look at it I smile.  I want to kiss his chubby little baby cheeks.  Come on over and take a peek at it.

Some other events since we chatted last - our hot water heater bit the dust, the breaks in the Taurus bit the dust and I (did not bite the dust) celebrated another birthday. 


1 comment:

Hilary said...

Wow! Cousin Jenn thanks for the shout out! You can come squeeze my cheeks anytime you want! My mom can't stop kissing them! I've heard a lot about you guys. I want to come visit and play with Duke and Evan! Gotta go...mom says its naptime!
Love, Will