"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Monday, August 25, 2008

Back from the shore






We're back from Mom-mom and Pop-pop's house on the bay! We had such a good time visiting. The weather was beautiful all weekend for the kids to play on the beach. I preferred just to sit on the back porch and watch the boats and relax. The sunset from the porch was amazing! Jack and the kids fished and crabbed and had a good time doing that. Jack even caught an eel. You'll never catch me jumping in the water to cool off!!
I got to play around with my camera and try some different settings for my pictures. Some turned out great and some not so great but I think that I learned a little bit from practicing.
Jack had a few blasts from the past when an old childhood wet suit popped up and an old polaroid of him posing in the most peculiar outfit came out. He still fits into the wet suit (well almost).
The dogs were excited that we were home and I was so glad to see them. I missed them all weekend. I think now that our summer travels are over that we can get back to a normal routine. I am glad in a way so that I can get into this semester and hopefully it will be over before I know it. I am not ready for all the stress and frustration to begin all over again.

2 comments:

Nate said...

great pics...what kind of camera is that?

Jennifer Horgan said...

Canon 40D with a 50 mm lens (f1.4). I am trying to figure out how to get the best pictures with all different lighting. It is getting more familiar but taking some time.