"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Saturday of Baking

The apple peeler! If you bake apple pies a lot - get one!

Before baking

After Baking - YUM!

It was kind of a rainy, fall Saturday and I had a ton of apples sitting on my table so I decided to try out mom's dutch apple pie recipe. I was dreading peeling all the apples I needed to make the pies so we went to BB&B and got ourselves an apple peeler. The best $16 I spent this year. It took 10 minutes to peel, core and slice 7 apples!!! The rest was easy as pie (had to do it).

I also wanted to bake some Halloween cookies for the Eagles game at the Francis' and for for my mother-in-laws birthday today. Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to my MIL today and to Aunt Lynny yesterday!!

The niece's and nephew's Halloween treats this year.

The day was spent with my house smelling like cookies and apple pie! What could be better than that? We haven't tasted the pies (2) yet but hopefully they taste as good as they look. I am going to warm them in the oven before I take them to the party.

The girls watching my every move. Bubba was at my feet.

I still have a bunch of apples so I need to find some quick, easy and yummy apple recipes.

2 comments:

Nate said...

apple sauce is pretty easy to make...

Hilary said...

My mouth is watering as I type. The apple dessert looks fantastic. The cookies are adorable! Cookies are my favorite! The only thing missing is a photo of the pregnant cook!