"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby Shower!

Jack, the dogs and I went back home to visit family and go to my first baby shower for little Duke. Ann planned a very nice and fun shower with friends and family back home at the Elks in Clearfield. We got a ton of wonderful gifts for the baby and had a nice time catching up with family that we just don't get to see often enough. The gifts were very thoughtful and we loved them all. His room is looking quite lived in despite him not being here yet.

The yummy cake that looked almost too cute to eat.

My sister, Megan, and I next to the cake.

Ann, Dad and I before the shower. I look HUGE in this picture but decided that I better start putting pictures of me up so everyone can really see how big I am getting. But seriously this might be the last one because I can't bear to look at it. I just pretend that I am still the same size prepregancy and don't look in the mirror too often.

Ann had the gift table set up real cute before the shower with a basket for all his new books and a place to put all his new goodies. It looked awesome and he got soooo many new books that I can't wait to read to him. I loved that idea.

Ann made this diaper cake with lots of cute goodies for her soon-to-be grandson. It's really cute so we'll see how long it takes until I have to take it down to get at the diapers!

OK. This was a gift that was "to" Pappy Wayne from Cousin Hilary and family in Missouri. Dukes Pap is a huge Cubs fan so we will wear this just for Pappy Wayne but "GO PHILLIES!!!". I think it is adorable and just made convince Jack to let him wear it just when the Cubbies play.

Mmm hmmm. It even has his name on it!!!

Aunt Megan made this just for her first nephew. It is very cute and one of my favorite gifts of the day! I think he'll love it.

Grandma Ann made this for Duke and we LOVE IT! It is so soft and beautiful that I can't wait to wrap him up in it. I think he'll be getting his picture taken in this right away!

I had a really great time at the shower and again feel so grateful for the friends and family in our lives who care so much about us. We are always counting our blessings.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh Jen you look ADORABLE...don't forget you are preggo. Its okay to have a bump. I think you look fantastic! Don't be so hard on yourself and please don't let that be the last belly picture we see until Duke arrives. If you need some moral boosting I can e-mail you some pics of me pregnant at 39 weeks and 4 days. I was 100 times bigger than you and I am only 5 foot. Talk about feeling fat!

You're shower looked wonderful. Ann did such a great job with the tables, cake, and decor. How sweet! Please tell Jack I am sorry about the Cubbies onsie. No Phillies ones here in the midwest however once I found one that was a Cubbies one I could not pass that up for Pappy Wayne! Your dad sent me an e-mail to let me know how much he liked it but he's afraid he'll never see it again.

Glad you had a good shower! It looks like Duke got a lot of great things. Love you guys!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

OH I wish we could have been there! You look adorable! Don't be hard on yourself...it is completely worth it in the end. Your shower looked wonderful. Hil did not tell me about the Cubbies outfit. So Hil, and so hilarious! Duke got some wonderful things and his room is coming along nicely.

I don't even want to start thinking about that. Painting, moving Elliott to the office, the office to our bedroom and beginning all over again...I am exhausted just thinking about it.