"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shower #3 Luncheon and Turkey Day

We went back home to western, PA for Thanksgiving this year since it will be my last trip home for awhile with the baby on the way. My mom, gram and sisters had a really nice lunch for me at my favorite restaurant back home, Luigi's. I had a really nice afternoon and the food never fails to be delicious. The tomato salad there is amazing!!

My Gram had cowboy boots put on the cupcakes for Duke.

My sister, Annie, was there too but somehow she escaped having her picture taken.

Of course, my first child, Rose. She will always be my little baby girl :-).

Pappy Wood with his first grandchild/dog. They like to pick on each other.

As for the pregnancy, it is almost over! I am 37-1/2 weeks and I am so ready to have this baby. I waddle around the house and can barely get out of bed to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night but not much longer. The anticipation is nearly killing me. I feel like a 7 year old does at Christmas time just waiting for Christmas morning. I am glad that the holiday's are here to distract me because I would be buying every item of clothing, blanket and toy that there is or fretting so much about the actual delivery.
I had a Dr's appt. today and so far there is nothing going on. His head is down and that's about it! My due date is two weeks from this coming Sunday but I am hoping that he comes on the 20th for my Pappy Wood's birthday!! That would be a real treat. A woman at Target today told me she thinks I am going to deliver on the 20th and all my MO family thinks so too so let's all hope!!!
Joelle Watt took some photos for me after my lunch so I would remember my first pregnancy. I was very apprehensive about having my photo taken at such a large size but Joelle is such a fantastic photographer that I knew she would not let me look like a stuffed pig. She captured the pregnancy perfectly and I LOVE how the baby booty charm that Jack bought me for my birthday hangs down in some of the pictures. To see the pictures click here. Don't stop at my pictures though - Joelle is AMAZING at her craft so look at all her photos. They are all truly amazing.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Beautiful, Jen. Absolutely beautiful! I love the pics and you are a gorgeous pregnant lady! Are you tired of people giving you advice? Well, I couldn't resist to offer some more. You need a yoga ball. Bounce on it at night while you are watching TV. I swear that helped me dialate. We are all polling for the 20Th. We can't wait to see what Mr. Duke looks like. Rachel thinks he is going to look like Elliott. Let's just say if he looks anything like Zachary I would be concerned considering he looks nothing like the Wood side. Good luck and keep the updates coming! Love to all!