"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Friday, February 12, 2010

STOOLLLLLIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!


I love, love, love my dogs but right now Stoli's name starts with an "s" for a reason. She's always at the top of the list! My husband is supposed to put her in "her room" when he leaves in the morning so she doesn't get into anything and believe me, she would and does get into EVERYTHING! So this morning I wake up, feed the baby, change the baby (twice), empty the diaper genie (so much fun), come downstairs to make coffee to see that one of the dogs busted through the baby gate, that has been put up for the dogs because baby cannot even walk yet and made a mess of our dining/family room. Our new rocking horse that was a gift for Duke had a much fluffier tail before Stoli had her way with him. And why do I blame Stoli if I didn't actually catch her in the act??? Because she was the one with the black hair hanging out of her mouth and laying in the family room where she is clearly not aloud to be - hence the baby gates.

Finally, I get to make coffee while Duke is actually just hanging out - he must of sensed my mood. Hearing the dogs drink out of their water bowls is a common sound in our house with 3 dogs. I didn't think anything of it until a couple minutes later I still hear the sloppy drinker. I am loading the dishwasher, making coffee, clearing off the counters and totally distracted but decide to see who is so parched that they are taking a 5 minute very loud drink. None other than Stoli is at the water bowl, not drinking at all but has both front paws in the dish pawing at the piece of black fuzz that was stuck in her mouth from chewing on the horse's tail that fell out into the water dish. A stream of water is now running through my kitchen floor. They actually needed cleaned anyway but not the point!!!

Then I happen to notice that when my husband (love him too) left this morning, he didn't completely close the deck door so it was open an inch and a tad colder than usual in my house.

What a morning!!! It is never - EVER a dull moment in this house.

I do partly blame Bubba for the busted baby gate because he has been known to do that and makes no secret of it. He'll do it right in front of us. I don't think Stoli got that gate down on her own. But what happened after the gate was down is totally and completely her work.

No comments: