"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Bunny 2011

Last Friday Duke and I met mom-mom at the mall to see the Easter bunny and get Duke's picture taken with him. I had a feeling it wasn't going to go well this year but wasn't sure and thought we would try. It didn't go well. He was ok with the bunny until he actually had to sit on his lap. I don't blame him I suppose. A big adult sized bunny is a little creepy and I don't know why I feel that it's necessary to get a picture with him but I do. Crying or smiling, I like to have a picture to compare to the previous year. I really don't think I am traumatizing him from a 30 second photo op but I am sure someone out there will tell me that I am.


Trying to make friends. And yes, I did leave my house looking like this. My old jeans and crocs. It was midday and I was, once again, hoping I didn't run into anyone who doesn't normally see me like this.


Duke is trying to drag me away from the bunny.



After we got our picture, we all went to play on the (overpriced) rides in the mall. Duke had fun playing with all the little cousins.


First lunch date with Cecilia. He is already trying to steal her lunch.


Sneak peak into a little house project. Finally painting and trying to organize the computer/craft room. I'll have more pictures once I get the room put back together and really cleaned out.

I have been going through the house and purging items for my first garage sale this summer. We have way too much "stuff" that is unused and just sitting in our house collecting dust. I am even getting rid of (eek) some of my books. I am realizing I won't read some of them again and they need to go. The more Duke gets into and I have to clean up the less I want in the house.


I went through my closet today and got rid of 70% of my clothes, shoes and accessories. They were just hanging in there or sitting in boxes unused for years. Most of the clothes don't even fit and some were only ever worn once. It felt good to clean it out but it was sad to see how little clothes I have left to wear.


As I look around my family room tonight, it barely looks like I got rid of anything and I probably filled two boxes in just this room alone today. Too much stuff.

No comments: