"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Handy Husband

There's nothing like having a handy man for a husband. His most recent request from me (and my sister, Annie) was to move our laundry room from our 1st floor to the upstairs off our bedroom. Why? Because it was taking over two, yes TWO, hours to dry one load of laundry. The dryer vent had a long journey from the dryer to the outside and was nearly impossible to clean completely of lint. This had my sister worried that our house was going to burn down. So he created a rather fantastic laundry room in the sitting room off our bedroom. It now takes 50 minutes to dry laundry and I LOVE IT!!! It has made my life so much easier. He ripped up carpet and tiled and did the plumbing and put in cabinets and did I mention that I love it? All for less than $300. I can never get a picture due to my never ending pile of laundry. Someday.



This past week he did the tiling for a family who is redoing their bathroom. I think that it looks great. The family seemed to be pretty pleased too.

No comments: