"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Philadelphia Zoo


Mom-mom and Duke at the zoo.


Kim and her boys.



My family.



The monkey exhibit.


Last Thursday mom-mom Horgan took us to the zoo. Duke's first trip to a big zoo! We went to visit Duke's new day care first thing in the morning for Duke to see the other kids getting dropped off by their parents and for me to spend some time with him there and see how he does. We weren't their more than 10 minutes before I smelled a "BM" (that's day care talk for a poopy). I was a little embarrassed but figured they deal with this all day. I didn't bring his diaper bag in and it was pouring outside so I just dealt with it for a little while longer. Duke did pretty good but he did make sure I was right there most of the time so we'll see how he does when I have to leave. I just don't think I can handle walking away from his crying face.




Turkey.




The Butt rock.






Duke was so excited to see a huge "track-torr" at the zoo.


It rained all morning but by the time we got to the zoo the weather was beautiful. It was not crowded either, which makes for a nice time. After the zoo we headed to the shore to visit me-mom and be-bop. I will put together a separate post for the shore trip.

No comments: