"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas tree 2011!  I love it.

Duke's pile of goods.  Underneath all the gifts is a really sweet table and chairs from Pappy and Grammy.  He is going to love sitting and coloring.

Duke was a little shy when he woke up and came downstairs to see what santa brought him.  There were 10 people in the room watching for his reaction.  When I was his age, this would have caused some serious crying and then hiding.  He slowly warmed up and once he got started opening, it went fast.

Cousin, Avah, showing him the ropes.

Avah is learning to read so I couldn't pass up the set of Beverly Cleary books at costco.  I love that she is reading.

This is one of Duke's favorite toys!  He played with it all morning.  It was a last minute gift from Aunt B, Avah and Travis.

Playing a dsi game with Gramma.

New hat and gloves from Gramma

New potty from Aunt Megan and Marc!

Mom-mom and Pop-pop got Duke a new train table with lots of trains.  He is showing Pappy how it works.

Taking a chocolate milk break with Grammy.  Birthday and Christmas in one weekend will tire any little boy out.
Christmas 2011 is over already and it was very fun and busy.  I feel like all I keep talking about this year is how fast time is going, but geez, I can't believe that it's all over!  I have a two year old and it's going to be 2012!!

It's time to figure out what it is that I want to accomplish in 2012.  I didn't do everything that I wanted to do in 2011 but I think that I made a good chunk in my organizing.  I will continue with that in 2012 and hopefully work on one project a month.  I really need to organize my photos electronically and the prints.  I just hope that my family continues to be healthy in 2012 and beyond.  I won't ask for much else.

No comments: