"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Evan wondering what the heck that round white creature sitting in front of him is.

Duke at the dinner table scooping up his first black olive.  He is concentrating very hard.

The Donaldson's at Evan's very first Thanksgiving meal.

Three cute cousins hanging out and Gram Gram and Pap Pap's.

Evan in Pappy's hat. He thinks he is pretty cool.

Duke is wearing Pappy's other hat. 


We traveled to central/western PA for Thanksgiving this yar.  As always, it's great to see family but it also is a reminder of how infrequent we can all get together and how far we all live apart.  I don't know if it's getting older or having kids that makes me have a hard time with this.  Anyway, it was a weekend to be thankful and I was very thankful that I got to see my family for the weekend.

We did some shopping, ate some great food and relaxed and just enjoyed the company.  I won't get to see all my family over Christmas but I am looking forward to spending time at home with our local family and having company at the house for Christmas day.  I just hope we all don't get the flu like last year!!  It was crazy.

We got the Elf on the Shelf out for Duke.  He seems to enjoy it and the undecorated Christmas tree.  The first thing he said this morning was "Christmas tree" and he came down, turned on the lights and then looked for his elf.  I love it!

No comments: