"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Miss Piggy





It was a rainy and dreary weekend in eastern, PA. It was busy none the less. Saturday morning Jack and I got up and went to Upper Frederick's Community Day representing HeavenSent Bulldog Rescue and Bubba came along. It wasn't all that busy since it drizzled most of the day but we had a few interested families. Next year we'll know to take a tent and I will be baking some cookies for fundraisers.

Sunday I picked up Miss Piggy in Langhorne, PA. She was surrendered to HSBR because they couldn't take care of her and didn't give her any attention. She is SO affectionate and loving. She is hanging out in the basement because we are not sure she'll get along with our two kids. She is a real sweetheart though. She just wants love and attention. I need to get her a bath and clean out her face wrinkles but right now she is just hanging out in the basement with her beds and blankets. They had a metal choker around her neck that was so small on her that I could barely get it off. We almost had to cut it off. I bought her a new stuffed toy and a pink collar of her own on our way home. She is very sweet but on the way home in the car, she was passing gas that made me tear up. I had to have the window down in the pouring rain. It was toxic. Hopefully the good food we have will help with that - hopefully. We'll be fostering her until she finds a wonderful family to take care of her.

Anywho, tomorrow is the start of a new week. Busy as usual but taking it for what it's worth. I hope the weather clears up and we can start enjoying nice long walks outside in the cool fall weather. The pups will love that and so will my thighs.

Oh and Jack got a new shirt!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Several things...
First thank you for Zachary's doggy birthday card. That was super sweet of you to think of him. Plus he loves the picture of the dog.

Second...I love Jack's shirt. That is hilarious!

Third..Bubs looks hilarious at the dog rescue event. He cracks me up.

Lastly, I wish Miss Piggy was closer because I think my dad would take him in a second. What a sweet dog. You guys are so kind to take care of him. We love you guys, HIL

Sharon said...

Hi Jenn and Jack,
I too like Jack's shirt.
Miss Piggy is cute but she does not beat Bubba. WE LOVE THAT DOG!
I feel I need to call Hilary and explain gender if the dog's name is Miss Piggy it is not a HIM!
Have a good week.
Love Aunt Sharon

Sharon said...

Also the other day I wished Rose a happy birthday but for some reason I could not get it to posst so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!!!
Love Aunt Sharon

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Hil's right...Dad would adopt Miss Piggy today! He totally fell in love with Bubba.

I love Jack's shirt...so did Matt.

The two of them at the dog rescue event is priceless.