"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" - Gil Scott-Heron

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My son thinks he's a dog.

This post may not win me any mother of the year awards but I'll survive. My son believes he is one of the dogs. He gets in the dogs water, he picks the dog toys out from the gazillions of toys he has laying around to play with and he carries the toys around in his mouth. I will say that he uses his hands to eat his snacks (for that, I am thankful).

Yes, he stole the toy right from Rose's mouth. Disclaimer: Rose was just at the vet and is very healthy. Is her mouth spic n' span clean - no but who's is. I know - I clean them 3 days a week.

He is running (like a dog) away with his loot. Rose is not going to let him get away with this.

Tuesday was Duke's 8 month birthday!! I can't believe it - really! I have an 8 month old. I will soon be planning his 1st birthday. Where does the time go? So on Tuesday we had to do his traditional photo shoot with his 8 month sticker. This is how it went.

He was so excited to get a tubby before we took pictures. He loves his tubbies but lately he tries to climb out??

One of the first pictures. I wish I could say he was like this for the rest of the shoot but sadly, no.

"Why I otta!!!!" It started to go bad. He was getting annoyed and didn't want to sit still for anything. It is very close to his bedtime at this point and he was having none of it.

And this is the last photo on the camera. He was done, completely done. He proceeded to rip the sticker from his chest and scream curse words at us until we gave him his bottle.

1 comment:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I bet Grandma Rachel had a very similiar experience with you know who!!! The 8 month pics are priceless.